Re: [modeller_usage] modeller 8v0 on Centos4 (aka RHEL 4)

Ezequiel H Panepucci wrote:
I've recently installed Modeller 8v0 on Linux (Centos 4 which is derived from Redhat Enterprise Linux 4) and it is giving me a hard time.

Below is what happens running  examples/automodel/model-default.py.

It happens using both the *tar.gz or *rpm installs.

It gives similiar problems on Redhat 9 as well.

Your stacksize may be set too small. Try 'ulimit -s unlimited' or 'limit stacksize unlimited' (depending on your shell).

If that doesn't work: Modeller is built using the Intel Fortran compiler, which doesn't work with some combinations of glibc and kernel. (It doesn't work with Debian Sarge, for example). It has been tested on RedHat 9 systems though, both with the RedHat kernel (2.4.20-28.9) and the standard 2.4.21 kernel (from kernel.org). If this is your problem, you should select the 'Alternative Linux x86 PC binary' when you run the install script in the *tar.gz installer. This binary is built with the Absoft Fortran compiler, which appears not to have the same problems as the Intel (but it runs more slowly).