Re: [modeller_usage] Error on Alpha Unix

Thanks,
I reinstalled Modeller and it is working now.

Ricardo.

On 9/14/05, Modeller Caretaker <">> wrote:
Ricardo Nicoluci wrote:
> Hi, my name is Ricardo and I am trying to run Modeller version 8v1 on a
> Alpha System with Tru64 Unix and I am getting the following error:
>
> mod8v1: Cannot allocate space for bss.
> Killed
>
> Any susgestion !?

Yes - the Alpha binary was stripped with GNU strip. However, this does
not work correctly with some versions of Tru64:

I have now stripped the binary with Tru64 strip rather than GNU strip,
and it works for me. I've updated the .tar.gz file for Modeller 8v1 on
the Modeller website, so please download that again to get the fix.

">             http://www.salilab.org/modeller/