RE: [modeller_usage] howto reverse polarity

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly you need to change the template
instead of the target sequence since you want to reverse the order of the
residues in the structure, essentially creating a new fold (mirror image?).
A quick solution would be to use only C-alphas coordinates from the original
template and reverse their order in the PDB file. You start with coordinates
for the c-term H C-alpha, which now becomes an n-term H in the new template
and end with the coordinates for the n-term E C-alpha, which now becomes a
c-term E. This step is basically just text editing (remember to renumber the
residues and reverse the template sequence in the alignment). Now you can
use this new C-alpha template to model your target sequence. I guess there
is no way around loosing the rest of the structure (backbone and sidechain
atoms) since anyway their positions are not likely to be compatible with the
"new fold". Not sure if this is what you want.

Best,

Roberto

--
Roberto Sanchez, Assistant Professor
Structural Biology Program, Department of Physiology & Biophysics