Re: [modeller_usage] dynamic memory allocation failed

Ilya Shlyakhter wrote:
I'm getting a "dynamic memory allocation failed" message on a very
small model. The test examples work fine, but when I modify
model-full.py for my own use it gives a problem. Below I give the
files I used, and the error message.  I would appreciate any
suggestions.

I'm guessing that there was a typo in your message, and that really you had '*' as the sequence for 1yod, i.e.

P1;1yod
structureX:1yod:1:B:51:B:phospholamban:Homo sapiens: 1.80:0 *

There is no residue 1 in chain B in PDB code 1yod, so Modeller fails to read in this sequence (notice that it's given as zero length):

 1       1fjk      52      1        1fjk phospholamban
 2       1yod       0      0        1yod phospholamban

The final error message you got is, admittedly, rather cryptic, but I've just put in a more informative error (which will be in the next Modeller release).

The solution to your problem is to correct the start residue:chain for the 1yod sequence.