Re: [modeller_usage] Metal ions

Joel Tyndall wrote:
Hi message board,

I have been trying to include a zinc atom in my model based on the same ion in the template but I just can't crack it. I have attached all relevant files and log file. I am using mod8v2.

INCLUDE
SET ALNFILE = 'hpv_16_e6_Nterm_2fk4.ali'
SET KNOWNS = '2fk4'
SET SEQUENCE = 'hpv_16_Nterm_e6'
SET STARTING_MODEL = 1
SET ENDING_MODEL = 5
CALL ROUTINE = 'model'
SET HETATM_IO = on

You need to set HETATM_IO to on _before_ you call the 'model' routine. Otherwise, everything looks OK. You may have better luck with a BLK ('.') residue in your alignment rather than z though, as they are treated slightly differently.