Re: [modeller_usage] alignment of multiple templates

Bo Yang wrote:
I forgot to mention that the sequence that to be aligned with the other three tempates does not have 3D structure. I have try the way as you suggested. The modeller returned to error message saying that 2c17 does not have a pdb code. Here is what I got: runcmd______> model.read(file='2c17', (def)model_format='PDB', model_segment=('FIRST:@', 'END:'))

Well, of course - model.read reads in a PDB file, so if you don't have a PDB file, you can't use it. Use alignment.append rather than alignment.append_model to add a sequence from a PIR file. See section 3 of the basic modeling tutorial for an example.