Re: [modeller_usage] Help with transfer_xyz method

Ali Algarrous wrote:
I have a sequence and a structure aligned in a file in RIP format.
Now I want to just copy the coordinates of our structure to our
sequence without any changes. I am using transfer-xyz.py but it
doesn't copy the coordinates as they are in the structure before or
after the loops.

Is there a way to transfer the coordinates from structure to sequence
as they are?

transfer_xyz will copy coordinates of equivalent atoms in aligned residues, so if you want your model to have exactly the same coordinates as your template structure, you will need a 1:1 (gapless) alignment. If you have gaps/loops in your alignment, obviously Modeller will not be able to copy the coordinates since none exist.

What is it that you're trying to do?