Re: [modeller_usage] Searching the PDB for sequence with structure

Hi florian,
Try sending your sequences to the phylogenomics.Berkeley.edu webserver: it has a structure search component. I was involved in building it, and can vouch for the pdb database we built to be drawn directly from the Pdb files: only residues with coordinates are used. Also, the search uses hidden Markov model alignments, which will generally outperform blast when aligning loops with more remote homology. They might even still have a batch submit option....

Let me know if you are still having problems: I work with antibodies a lot these days, and consequently have a number of techniques for mining short loops out of Pdb that you might find useful.

Jacob Glanville