[modeller_usage] mutate script from modeller site

Hello,
I am trying to use mutate.py script from modeller site
http://salilab.org/modeller/wiki/Mutate%20model

I have python2.5 core and devel packages installed. When I run
> mod9v5 - 1klc.nodummies.chains.pdb 500 ARG B < mutate.py > out
(according to the instructions in the header of the script)
I get the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "(stdin)", line 2, in ?
ImportError: No module named os

Setting $PYHTONHOME to /usr/lib64/python2.5 (where os.py is located)
does not help.

Copying os.py to local folder results in the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/modeller/modlib/modeller/__init__.py", line 45, in ?
    import os.path, re, sys
  File "os.py", line 134
    from os.path import (curdir, pardir, sep, pathsep, defpath, extsep,
altsep,
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I seriously doubt that there is an error in os.py file of my python
distribution.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!