Re: [modeller_usage] How should I fill in the missing rsidues with the same chain id, resnumber and HETATM keeping?

On 3/15/10 2:15 AM, wayj86 wayj86 wrote:
I am trying to fix a protein with 6 missing aa. This protein has a resid
from 500 to 650, with three HETATM residues (N-glycan) from 800 to 802
(discontinuous with the protein resnumber). Here is my script to run
modeller:
By running this script I did got a model with missing residues fixed and
HETATM keeping, but the chain ID was blank (because only one chain was
built), and the resnumber was from 1 to 154. I did hope to keep the
original chain ID and the resnum, so I try the rename_segments, like:
Now in the final model y.ini the chain ID was defined as "A", and resnum
was from 500 to 650. However, the HETATM residues was from 651 to 653,
but not 800 to 802. So should I modify my scripts to fix the protein and
keeping its original chain ID, resnumber and HETATM residues? Thank you
very much for your attention.

rename_segments renumbers residues sequentially. It is the simplest of the methods for renumbering residues detailed at
http://salilab.org/archives/modeller_usage/2009/msg00245.html

If you want to have non-sequential residue numbering, you can assign numbers to each residue individually.