Re: [modeller_usage] have you solved the problem with installation under Windows XP

On 7/20/10 1:38 AM, Andrew Voronkov wrote:
Dear Modeller administration, there is definitely a problem with
installation of Modeller uinder windows XP 64 bit.

Modeller is not supported on Windows XP 64-bit; we don't have any
machines with this OS to test it on. But I am happy to help you figure
out what the problem is with your installation - same as last time you
asked, the first place to look is the Modeller batch file to see why it
isn't setting the environment variables correctly. So far, you haven't
shown me what your batch file looks like, so I cannot proceed.

I have installed it on different PCs in different places, I don't
get icon in Start menu

That will happen if you try to run the installer as a regular
(non-admin) user. It should warn you that it's not going to work
properly though.

I don't know if there is such a problem with Windows XP 32 bit as
well

Given that XP 32-bit is very widely used, I imagine many people would
have complained by now if that were the case - and so far, nobody has.
So my guess is there is no such problem on 32-bit.