Re: [modeller_usage] A single type of rotamer

You probably need to tune Modeller to set all lysine rotamers to the the straight conformation on the fly, otherwise you may get biased models -especially if the Lys residues are buried within the protein. If this isn't the case and you just want to adjust a few side-chains on the surface then you can use Chimera (read section "Angles, Rotamers and Clashes" http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/UsersGuide/frametut.html). With Chimera you can correct interactively every residue you like and also see what steric clashes or H-bonds are formed by every rotamer. I use it a lot to improve my models or adjust side-chains in the active site.

Otherwise you will need a more drastic solution (not sure if possible), namely tuning Modeller to do that directly. Modeller Caretaker is the designated person to answer that question.

best,
Thomas