Re: [modeller_usage] modeller_usage Digest, Vol 10, Issue 41

Dear Marco,
Your question is very nice. But to make a good prediction, better check out structural similarity in templates based on the both N & C terminal. I guess you are modeling a big sequence, which may have multiple domains. So you should consider many things. If you upload other details of the sequence along with its length, it will be better to suggest the best way to screen significant template folds.

Ashish

Ashish Runthala,
Lecturer, Structural Biology Cell,
Biological Sciences Group,
BITS, Pilani
Rajasthan, INDIA

Dear all,

I have a protein consisting of a C-terminal and N-terminal region. While for the C-terminal one I have a good template either Modeller or Blast don't suggest templates for the N-terminal one.
I have some suggestion using Modweb (which search performs Modweb?) but not very good.
Could ou suggest me a website to search for a template?
I looked at the mailing list (very long...) but seems this question has not been posed.
Many thanks,

Marco

Dr.Marco Sette, Ph.D.

Department of Chemical Sciences and Technology
University of Rome, "Tor Vergata"
via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133, Rome, Italy
e-mail:
e-mail:
Tel.:          +39-0672594424
Fax:           +39-0672594328