[modeller_usage] Missing atoms

Hi Ben:

I already modeled in the past, using modeller, this trimer from chicken to humans.

Now, from new, low-resolution x-ray diffraction data for that trimer in complex with a small molecule, I merely want to reconstruct the missing side chains (many of them) while omitting the missing residues (these are at the beginning and final portion, i.e. protruding from the pore into the intracellular). The lacking residues are many and for a flexible region that resists any modeling, and I am not interested in that part of the transmembrane protein.

My question is whether <http://salilab.org/modeller/wiki/Missing%20residues> can be adapted to do that for the trimer. Unless I did something wrong, I got the answer "no missing residue', in fact I had eliminated the flexible portions. In other words, what I would like to do, is reconstructing the missing atoms (side chains) in the context of the trimer, not each chain at a time.

Thanks
francesco pietra