[modeller_usage] Compatability with Anaconda

I’ve installed Modeller-9.14 on a Mac (Mavericks). If I launch the system python2.7, I can import modeller successfully. However, I use the anaconda python distribution. I have tried creating a symbolic link from /Library/modeller-9.14/modlib/modeller to anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/modeller, but I get the following import error:

>>> import modeller
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/mikesivley/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/modeller/__init__.py", line 93, in <module>
    import _modeller
ImportError: No module named _modeller

I wasn’t able to find any mention of Anaconda on Modeller’s installation or FAQ pages. Has anyone successfully installed Modeller and imported from anaconda python?

Thanks!

Mike Sivley
PhD Student
Department of Biomedical Informatics