Re: [modeller_usage] Compatability with Anaconda

On 10/27/14, 12:59 PM, R. Michael Sivley wrote:
I wasn’t able to find any mention of Anaconda on Modeller’s installation
or FAQ pages.

That's because we only support the system version of Python on Macs, /usr/bin/python.

Has anyone successfully installed Modeller and imported
from anaconda python?

Note that you missed a step: the Modeller Python interface consists of two parts, a pure Python part ("import modeller") and the underlying interface itself ("import _modeller") which the pure Python part pulls in automatically. On a Mac you'll find that second part in a file called /Library/modeller-9.14/lib/mac10v4
/_modeller.so, which you'll also need to symlink.

If you're lucky then Anaconda Python doesn't change the ABI from the system version and this should work. If it doesn't, you can rebuild the interface for any version of Python using the files in the src/swig/ subdirectory.