Re: [modeller_usage] Conda package not working on windows (32 bit?) and python 3.5

On 9/2/16 7:35 AM, Ajasja Ljubetič wrote:
If I install modeller via conda:

    export KEY_MODELLER=XXXX
    conda install -c salilab modeller

Did you really use 'export' to set the environment variable? Usually on Windows you'd need to use 'set' instead.

Then I get an error when importing modeller
    import _modeller

That's strange. I just tried a fresh install of miniconda3 on a 32-bit Windows 7 box and everything works fine. What version of Windows are you using?

I tried copying around the file _modeller.pyd to folders in the PATH,
but that did not solve the problem.

Right, Python is finding _modeller.pyd just fine but one of the DLLs it relies on can't be found. The most likely candidate is the C runtime, which used to be included with conda but got removed once they started building with the same runtime as Python. Does the problem go away if you install it, i.e.

conda install vs2010_runtime

?

             https://salilab.org/modeller/