Re: [modeller_usage] energy of interface between selections

Hi
First of all thanks both for the advice. I have been trying the use of mdl.energy() to see whether I was able to obtain a more sensible result for the energy of the interface. However, I found out that for using energy more tricky bits seem to be required, starting by an alignment between two sequences. I have tried using bits and pieces from Modeller scripts (importantly , the mutate_model.py script) and produced the following:
Does this seem a reasonable way of calculating interface energies for you? To me it looks unnecessarily complicated considering I am trying to run single point energy calculations for different selections of a structure, so maybe there is a simple route to take.
When it comes to the results, I am confused because it again suggests unfavourable (positive) values for everyone, and particularly for the interface energy of interest.
Really grateful of any advice that you may provide.

David