From: Krzysztof Lazarski [">mailto:]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 12:45 PM
To: Bozidar Jerkovic
Cc: Andrzej Joachimiak; Andrej Sali
Subject: Reading_PDB_File

Hello,
I need a help.
My task was to see if we can model sequence with unknown structure which

has >90%
similarities (Protein Blast) to our X-Ray determined structure recently
deposited to PDB
from our Structural Genomics Project (MCSG; http://www.mcsg.anl.gov ).
The known structure name is: 1g2r. I named sequence my_ 15900466 (Where
I can find rules for assigning a
name to unknown structure?).
I tried DESCRIBE with following .top file:
--
SET OUTPUT_CONTROL = 1 1 1 1 2
SET ATOM_FILES = '1g2r', ALIGN_CODES = '1g2r'
SET ATOM_FILES = '1g2r', ALIGN_CODES = '1g2r'
READ_MODEL FILE = '1g2r', MODEL_SEGMENT = '@:@' 'X:X'
SET SEGFILE = 'align-jerzy.seg'
SET KNOWNS      = '1g2r'
SET SEQUENCE    = 'my_15900466'
SET OUTPUT_CONTROL = 1 1 1 1 2
CALL ROUTINE    = 'full_homol'
--
where align-jerzy.seg is:
--

 >P1;1g2r
structureX:1g2r:1::100::::
GSHMKTRKIPLRK
SVVSNEVIDKRDL
LRIVKNKEGQVFI
DPTGKANGRGAYI
KLDNAEALEAKKK
KVFNRSFSMEVEE
SFYDELIAYVDHK
VKRRELGLE*
 >P1;my_15900466
sequence:my_15900466:1  : :97 : : : : :
MKTRKIPLRKSVVSNEVIDKRDLLRIVKNKEGQVFIDPTGKANGRGAYIKLDNAEALEAK
KKKVFNRSFSMEVEESFYDELIAYVDHKVKRRELGLE*
--
It created align-jerzy.seg.ali,
but it stopped on full_homology when reading .pdb file,

  #  Code        #_Res #_Segm PDB_code    Name
-------
  1       1g2r     100      1        1g2r
  2  my_159004      97      1 my_15900466
TOP_________>   140  107 CHECK_ALIGNMENT

check_a_343_> >> BEGINNING OF COMMAND
openf5__224_> Open       11  OLD  SEQUENTIAL  ./1g2r.pdb
rdpdb___303E> No atoms were read from the specified input PDB file:
                1) Possibly because an incorrect/non-existent PDB file
is specified.
                2) Possibly because the segment is specified incorrectly

in the
                   alignment file or by the TOP variable MODEL_SEGMENT.
That is,
                   the beginning residue number and/or chain id in
MODEL_SEGMENT
                   may not be found in the input PDB file;
MODEL_SEGMENT:  1:
              To find out more, switch on maximal output by 'SET
OUTPUT_CONTROL = 1 1 1 1 2'
rdabrk__288W> Protein not accepted:        1
rdabrk__290E> Number of residues in the alignment and  pdb files are
different:      100        0
              For alignment entry:        1
recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1

Dynamically allocated memory at          finish [B,kB,MB]:
4890025    4775.415     4.663
Starting time                                            : 2002/04/15
11:20:01.978
Closing time                                             : 2002/04/15
11:20:05.387
Total CPU time [seconds]                                 :       3.14
--
Thank you for any suggestions, Christopher.

--
Dr. Krzysztof Lazarski, Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Ave, Building 202, RQ106, Argonne, IL 60439