Re: Modelling multi subunit proteins

Hello Norbert,

Try to model the two units simultaneously, altogether. Simply use the
whole continuous sequence/structure information. In this case the
intersubunit distance restraints will be derived automatically i.e. the
units will be oriented similarly as in the template complex and "see"
each other. If the two units come from different templates (monomers)
there is no trivial solution to guess the proper orientation of them.

Andras

Norbert Straeter wrote:

> Dear Modeller users,
>
> if I want to model a protein consisting of two subunits, how can I include
> the already modelled subunit into the calculation when modelling the
> second subunit such that new loops "see" the other subunit? I am currently
> using the simple scripts from the tutorial of the manual.
>
> Best regards
>
> Norbert

> Dr. Norbert Straeter
>
>                                       Tel. +49 (0)30 838-53456
> Free University of Berlin                           Fax -56702
> Institute of Chemistry
> -Crystallography-
> Takustrasse 6
> 14195 Berlin, Germany
>
> http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~strater/

    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216
The Rockefeller University   # fax:   (212) 327 7540
Box 270, 1230 York Avenue    # e-mail:
New York, NY 10021-6399, USA # http://salilab.org/~andras