Re: win-modeller

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:56:30AM -0700, Shamshad Zarina wrote:
> Hi modllers,
>
> I am trying to use win version of modeller. I have two
> problems:
>
> 1. Although example files run fine, I get this error
> message with my proteins:
> check_337E>structure not read in

Check to make sure the numbering of your atoms and residues
in your pdb matches your alignment file. E.g. if you have
missing residues in your pdb, you must gap them out in the
alignment file; also, make sure that if you are missing
residues at the N terminus of the pdb, you have specified
the starting residue in the pdb to be read (and not 1).
Chain misreference can also cause the structure to be
not read in, as in omitting a chain identifier in
your alignment file that exists in the pdb.