Re: Installation problems Windows XP

Hi,

I really haven't tried installing anything under XP, but this procedure
worked for Win95/98/ME. Instead of having 'modenv.bat' (usually in
$SOMETHING\MOD6V2\BIN directory) called from the autoexec.bat (which I
think works on Win98), put all the lines from modenv.bat directly into
autoexec.bat - something like this:

set MODINSTALL6v2=$SOMETHING\MOD6V2
set KEY_MODELLER6v2="ASK_FOR_THE_KEY"
set LIBS_LIB6v2=%MODINSTALL6v2%\modlib\libs.lib
set EXECUTABLE_TYPE6v2=i386-windf
set PATH=%MODINSTALL6v2%\bin;%PATH%

Does XP even have autoexec.bat? If not, there must be some system file
where startup variables can be defined. After that, the only thing needed
in mod.bat file is something like this:

@echo off
%MODINSTALL6v2%\bin\modeller6v2 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 > %1.log

Needles to say, mod.bat should be in the directory that is included in
the PATH.

Cheers,

Mensur

PS It may be that your archive was unpacked without preserving the
directory structure, which would explain the non-existing 'bin' directory.

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Simon P Gough wrote:

|>Dear Modellers & Bozidar & team
|>                      (Sending against think it got lost)
|>                       Thanks for sending the key for the program .
|>                         As a computer illiterate I find it hard to
|>understand how to install modeller under Windows XP (1.7GHz Athlon
|>processor, 1.5mB RAM) using the instructions given on the Web site.
|>
|>After unpacking the zip file to  C:\ Modeller6v2
|>Then I setenv "KEY_MODELLER6v2" to  "E-mailed value"
|>           setenv MODINSTALL6v2  C:\modeller6v2   Why ?
|>           setenv LIBS_LIB6v2    $MODINSTALL6v2/models.lib   (I guessed it
|>might be this one ??)
|>           set      path=($path $MODINSTALL6v2)   OK -left out the
|>non-existent "bin" directory ??
|>           set limit  stacksize unlimited       Not accepted by program
|>-not done
|>I could not then run the program with the command "Install" or
|>"modeller6v2.exe" Or "make install"
|>
|>Could anyone please help me . It would be great to be able to use this
|>program. Thanks!
|>                                           Simon Gough

| Mensur Dlakic, PhD                    | Tel: (734) 764-3554             |
| Department of Biological Chemistry    | Fax: (734) 615-3397             |
| University of Michigan Medical School | http://www.umich.edu/~mensur/   |
| 5416 Medical Science I                | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur |
| Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0606              | E-mail:         |