Re: Modelling domains

Hello,

Use all the three templates simultaneously.

modeller will automatically down-weight the information in the
overlapping regions (i.e. inside the domains) if it comes from a more
distantly related protein. however in the connecting region (i.e. domain
orientation as defined by non-bonded contacts) the info will come
exclusively from the complex structure template, because the individual
domains does not have any.

Consequently the simplest and yet the most effective approach is to
combine all three templates in one multiple input  alignment.

If you are very worried about the distantly related complex template,
because, let us say its conformation within the domains is really
different from the others and not credible, you can artificially make
its contribution to the restraints even less, by eliminating most of its
structure and just keeping a few residues long segment  that occurs at
the "border" of the two domains, to ensure the proper orientation.

best wishes,
Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216