Re: Loop Modeling

Hi, Andras

Thanks for the information.

I anticipated your answer, and did a cluster analysis on the loops RMDS. One of the loop structures (12-resiude) was way-out, but all the others seemed to fall into one of two possible clusters of stuctures. However, it may be that I was asking a different question.

One thing. I did the aligning and RMSD measurements using Swiss-PdbViwer (Deep View) as that allowed me to align the structures by selected residues and measure the RMSD of other selected residues. Can this be done using Modeller (Deep View has some limitations). MALIGN3D and COMPARE appear only to act on complete structures (but I may be wrong).

About the 6-10 hours running time on Mac OS X / Darwin. This may be due to the computational overhead of running OS X - perhaps if it were run in the console mode, things may be faster. However, an overnight run is not a problem. Luckily, the time factor is not a problem (at the moment) as I am doing all this in my spare time, trying to learn some protein modelling. I'll have to ease off a bit as I'm about to start a second year of a part-time MSc (Structural Molecular Biology) at Birkbeck. No more spare time.

Cheers,

Alex Brown