Re: Attempting to run the first tutorial

Hello Andrew.

It sounds like you have had great patience with MODELLER - I think you might
have actually got the code working properly. The problem could be here :

> SET SEARCH_RANDOMIZATIONS = 100

>From the looks of the manual page concerning the SEQUENCE_SEARCH procedure:
http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node105.html
it seems this variable defines the number of repeated, randomised alignments
are made in order to get good confidence estimates for your alignments. I
would expect modeller will try to do the alignment set 100 times, shuffling
your query sequence each time.  100 might be a little bit excessive for a
full database search.
As for making the 'maximum job time' longer, I've no idea but there is
probably another variable for that!

I hope this relieves some of the perplexity.
Jim
Dr JB Procter:Biomolecular Modelling at ZBH - Center for Bioinformatics
Hamburg       http://www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de/mitarbeiter/procter