Re: [modeller_usage] The number of the models

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:05:52AM -0500, Thomas Duncan wrote:
> I believe that, when MODELLER starts any partcular model (each from a
> different randomly perturbed version of the starting model (.ini), it will
> abort that model if the scoring function exceeds some upper limit. Thus, you
> may get fewer than the total models requested if this occurs.

The call to WRITE_MODEL should happen regardless of the energy function;
see the __single_model.top script. The optimization itself may fail (see
the single_model_pass subroutine in the same script) but if that occurs,
you should see some explanatory output in the .log file. See also
http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node115.html