Re: [modeller_usage] divide__213E> Division by zero, during seq. search

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:15:53 +0100
Esben Jannik Bjerrum <> wrote:
> 	I'm currently blocked by an unusual problem. Running modeller
> for sequence search, it ends with a Divide__213E> Division by zero,

> My NR2BS1S2.ali
> >P1;NR2BS1S2
> sequence:NR2BS1S2:::::::0.00: 0.00
> qeddhlsiVtleeapfvivesvdplsgtcmrntvpcqkrivtenktdeepgyikkcckgf
> cidilkkisksvkftydlylvtngkhgkkingtwngmigevvmkraymavgsltineers
> evvdfsvpfietgisvmvskgtqvsglsdkkfqrpndfsppfrfgtvpngsternirnny
> aemhaymgkfnqrgvddallslktgkldafiydaavlnymagrdegcklvtigsgkvfas
> tgygiaiqkdsgwkrqvdlailqlfgdgemeelealwltgichne*

For superstitious reasons, perhaps, I usually use capital letters for
the amino-acids, and put the residue numbers in the
'sequence:NR2PBS1S2:.' line.

Your error looks like it is due to an alignment that is too small, since
it appears that only the 'V' is aligned, despite the obvious homology
between both sequences.

j.

Dr JB Procter:Biomolecular Modelling at ZBH - Center for Bioinformatics
Hamburg       http://www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de/staff.php