RE: [modeller_usage] The selection of models

I presume that you are talking about model-template RMSD. Depending on the
quality of your alignment most of the models *will* have low RMSDs. That is
the way MODELLER works.

One way you can choose a single model is by picking the one with the best
objective function score. Alternately, you can assess the models with other
programs that use potentials of mean force (statistical potentials; eg
PROSAII) and choose one from the assessments they provide.

Eswar.

---
Eswar Narayanan, Ph.D
Mission Bay Genentech Hall
600 16th Street, Suite N474Q
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143-2240 (CA 94158 for courier)
Tel +1 (415) 514-4233; Fax +1 (415) 514-4231
http://www.salilab.org/~eashwar