[modeller_usage] READ_MODEL error: MODEL atom not classified

 Dear community,

I am trying to get warm with modeller-usage by checking out the official manual's examples.

For some reason, the READ_MODEL command does not work. Here's my input/output:

*************** INPUT **************************
READ_TOPOLOGY FILE = '/soft/modeller6v2/modlib/top.lib', TOPOLOGY_MODEL = 3
READ_PARAMETERS FILE = '/soft/modeller6v2/modlib/par.lib'
READ_MODEL FILE = '1P7B'

*************** OUTPUT **************************
iatmcls_286W> MODEL atom not classified:  VAL:OT1  VAL
iatmcls_286W> MODEL atom not classified:  VAL:OT1  VAL

Using different pdbs (eg. manual's suggested 1fas), I get the same error with different residues.

iatmcls_286W> MODEL atom not classified:  TYR:OT1  TYR
iatmcls_286W> MODEL atom not classified:  TYR:OT2  TYR

I have checked the pdbs for OT1 - there is simply no such entry, so: what's the problem? Also, I have tried modeller on different platforms (linux, irix etc).

 Thanx for any help in advance

S. Tayefeh (Grad. Stud.)
Technical University Darmstadt
Dept. of Phys. Chemistry