RE: [modeller_usage] Some Doubts

Hello Elton,

your alignment file states "structure" where it should be "structureX",
change it and Modeller should read in the pdb file, as long as you have stored it in the path you gave Modeller in the "SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY"-command. You should also give Modeller the starting/ending aminoacid number and chain number in the alignment file. The second line should be

structureX:1uw3:125:A:230:A:::-1.00:-1.00

Another thing: as long as you do not want to model water or ions, just protein, you should delete all but the aminoacid atoms from the input pdb-file, as modeller will try to match the residues in the alignment file with the pdb-file and will stop if it encounters atoms that are not present in both.

For alignment file parameters, have a look at
http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node72.html

I hope that helps, best wishes,

Thorsten Schweikardt
Molecular Biophysics