Re: [modeller_usage] Modeller vs Prime or MOE

In message <>
(on 12 November 2004 14:42:00 -0500),  (Stradella,
Omar) wrote:
>Are there any experienced users of Modeller out there that have tried
>other homology modeling software like Prime from Schrodinger or MOE from
>the Chemical Computing Group ?.

No, but I am looking at using a combination of open-source programs (e.g.,
CONGEN for energy minimization, Pfam for alignments when a good enough
profile is available, etcetera) and home-built software (which will likewise
be available on an open-source basis) for doing essentially the same thing,
at least for relatively short differences between proteins. (If anyone knows
of more directly applicable open-source (or public-domain with source code
available) software, I would be very interested in taking a look at it!) I
have been concentrating on some other aspects of my particular research
project, however, so cannot say how well this is going to work.

   -Allen

--
Allen Smith                       http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
February 1, 2003                               Space Shuttle Columbia