[modeller_usage] Modeller 7v7 Stack problems, tried EVERYTHING!!!!

I have a windows XP SP2 IBM laptop with plenty of memory (512MB RAM) and
processing speed.  When I try to model a protein domain of about 750 residues
(with a multiple alignment of only two sequences, the target and the strucutre
sequence), the program runs for about 20-30 seconds and then I get this error:

C:\Program Files\Modeller7v7\examples\tutorial-model>mod7v7 Toms-Initial
forrtl: severe (170): Program Exception - stack overflow
Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
mod7v7.exe         00507271  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         004FEA3E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         004589DE  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         0040653E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         0040F5BB  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         006A564B  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         006EDB39  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mod7v7.exe         006DC824  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
kernel32.dll       7C816D4F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

I've done all that is in my power to bump the memory management on my laptop,
changing the virtual memory and paging sizes (to max).  Editing the CONFIG.NT
to explicitly stating number of stacks and stack size, etc. Nothing works!

It seems that my computer should be able to handle modeller, no?  Would you
have any suggestions as to what may be going on and how to handle this?

Also, I worked through the tutorial and it runs fine with the example files.

Thanks for your help,
All the best

Tom Petty

Graduate Student