Re: [modeller_usage] restraints on accessibility

Remo Calabrese wrote:
hi, i'd like to know if is possible to make restraints on solvent accessibility of some residues and if it's a good idea for modelling the areas ,on my target, i want to be properly solvent
accessible!!! my top file how sould look like?
thanks, any hint or ideas is accepted!!!

You can make such restraints - use feature type 7 (see table 2.3, http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node100.html#28295). However, I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than energy evaluation, as the first derivatives of this feature are not calculated by Modeller (and thus it won't be optimized).