Re: [modeller_usage] potassium ion

Fredrik wrote:
If I would like to do it the hard way, can I do it like below? I.e. will the modelling be correct? (I've done it and it seems to modell correct.)

Everything looks OK. However, since the K+ ion is just a point, this won't give you much beyond treating it as a BLK residue (I think the only difference you'll see is that it'll have a defined VDW radius this way, assuming you also alter radii.lib - Modeller doesn't do electrostatics by default, so the charge is ignored).

in the par.lib, par_all22_prot_b5.inp,

Modeller doesn't use par_all22_prot_b5.inp - that's the original CHARMM file from which par.lib is derived - so there's no point in editing that.

in the top_ca.lib
in the top.lib, top-charmmH.lib
in the top_allh.lib, top_allh-charmmH.lib, top_polh.lib,
top_mnss.lib, top_mnch.lib, top_mcwo.lib, top_mccb.lib,
top_heav.lib, top_cacb.lib, top_ca3h.lib,
in the top_all22_prot_b5.inp (Guess this would be unnessesary?!)

You probably only need to change top_heav.lib; the other top_*.lib files are only used if you use non-default topologies. There is no need to change the *-charmmH.lib files, as they're not used by Modeller 7 and above (they are the old versions of top.lib, from Modeller 6). top_all22_prot_b5.inp is the original CHARMM file again, so as you suggested, changing it is redundant.

Would it be correct to change to:
104 | POT                 | k | POT  | potassium ion