[modeller_usage] no alignment

dear modellers
i am just starting with modeller
and i want to make a model using different templates
i have my template files, i have the sequence aligned
and checked manually but the program gives me an error
 File "C:\Program Files\Modeller8v1\modlib\modeller\util\top.py", line
37, in check_alignment
   return _modeller.check_alignment(aln, io, libs, *args)
modeller.error: check_a_335E> No alignment.

i guess automodel does not like my aligment (although i only want this
alignment)

could someone please tell me  how to cut out the alligment and only use
the aligment i have
(i have my templates as a pdb (6 different)
and i have my aligment in the regular file format (file.ali)

kind regards

arnout voet