Re: [modeller_usage] Problems w/ rand_seed for Mod8v1

 wrote:
I'm having problems changing the rand_seed in my script files. The
changes I make don't have any effect, and I end up with the same
models. I've tried setting it in various positions within the script
but to no success. I've also looked through the previous posts on
this topic, but they all refer to previous modeller versions that use
the SET command to do this. Can someone tell me exactly where/how to
insert  the change rand_seed = 'my own number'  line?

There is only one place where you can change the random seed, and that is in the environ() constructor. See http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node74.html for documentation, and http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node142.html for an example.