Re: [modeller_usage] about the installation of modeller8v1

Shulin Zhuang wrote:
I just install the modeller8v1 on SGI300 and I run the install script. At finally the message"Happy modeling!" "MODELLER Team, 2005" arise. At the bin directory, there are such commands as mod8v1_i386-intel8,mod8v1_iris4d..... but no mod8v1.

If no 'mod8v1' file is produced, the installer must have encountered an error somewhere. Try running the install script again, and look carefully at the output to see if any problems are reported. You can follow this up with me directly via email rather than bothering the list.

For my machine is SGI300, the command that I should use is mod8v1_iris4d. Therefore after the installation , I set the environment at the .cshrc file: #Modeller
setenv PATH $PATH\://usr/people/biomd/modeller/bin
setenv KEY_MODELLER8v1  xxxx(the password)
alias mod8v1 mod8v1_iris4d

If you want to set the environment variables manually, you will also need to set MODINSTALL8v1 to the directory where you installed Modeller - in this case, this looks like it's /usr/people/biomd/modeller/bin