[modeller_usage] platform (in)dependent libraries?

Hi there,

I am running Modeller 9v2 on a 64-bit Linux (Suse) box, and when I ran a
small test program, it ran fine (as evidenced from the results and log
file), but I received the following errors:

mike@linux-8h71:~/Modelling_projects/Test_Mod9v2> mod9v2 MakePAPFile.py
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

This may have something to do with the directories that various things
are in.

mod9v2 lives in

usr/bin/

the actual programs reside in

usr/lib/modeller9v2/

and Python (2.3, 2.4, and 2.5) live in

usr/lib64/

Two questions:

(1) Is this error something to worry about?
(2) If so, how do I correct this problem?

As you can guess from the questions, I'm still feeling my way around
Linux

Thanks

Mike White