Re: [modeller_usage] Permission denied message

Manoel Arcisio-Miranda wrote:
I am beginner in modeling of proteins. I downloaded the Modeller 9v7 (Windows package) and I am following the tutorials. I just started the Basic Modeling tutorial, but when I type any command at the command line, for example: mod9v7 build_profile.py, the following message appear:

Cannot open logfile build_profile.log: Permission denied

See step 6 at http://salilab.org/modeller/9v7/release.html#windows

Windows Vista has stricter security than older versions of Windows; it won't let you write into a directory that you don't own, so it won't let Modeller create log files there (or any other output files, such as models). Make a new directory, put the files there, use the 'cd' command to change into it, and then run 'mod9v7'. Don't run things directly out of the Modeller install directory.