Re: [modeller_usage] have you solved the problem with installation under Windows XP

On 7/23/10 1:59 PM, Andrew Voronkov wrote:
Here is modenv.bat from 64 bit system. I got no item in Start menu.

Your batch file is fine - it's the same as mine. The Modeller shortcut in the Start menu simply runs

command.com /E:8192 /K "C:\Program Files\Modeller9v8\bin\modenv.bat"

i.e. it starts a command prompt and runs that batch file to set up the environment so that Modeller will work. (If you run a regular command prompt, it won't have the paths set up properly, and Modeller won't work.)

I don't know why the Start menu shortcut isn't being installed on your system - although you have to run the installer as an admin user in order for it to do that (it should warn you if you don't) - but you can make your own shortcut to Modeller in this case.