Re: [modeller_usage] batch model building

On 05/02/2011 07:16 AM, Vagmita Pabuwal wrote:
I was wondering if we can build models in batch if we are using same
template, but different alignment, so for each alignment we have new
model. And this could be automated.

Of course - Modeller scripts are just Python scripts, so you can write as complicated a pipeline as you like in Python. Here's a really simple example:

from modeller import *
from modeller.automodel import *

log.verbose()
env = environ()

model_num = 1
for aln, tmpl in [('align1.ali', 'code1'),
                  ('align2.ali', 'code2'),
                  ('align3.ali', 'code3'):
    a = automodel(env, alnfile=aln, knowns=tmpl, sequence='seq')
    a.starting_model = a.ending_model = model_num
    a.make()
    model_num += 1