Re: [modeller_usage] Biological unit

On 07/29/2012 07:17 AM, Po-Lin Chiu wrote:
I would like to create a PDB file of my protein in 500x500 unit cells
(in 2D crystal) based upon the crystal symmetry, and I believe MODELLER
has certain functions or commands to build it. Could anyone give me a
hint of how to do it?

Modeller doesn't have any functions for crystal symmetry (although it does have basic functions for rotations and translations). One option would be to manually add the relevant records to your PDB file and use a viewer such as Chimera which can add crystal symmetry.