Re: [modeller_usage] Fwd: Extract Chain ID

Ben,

Can you please clarify this for me:

1) I have a multi-chain PDB
2) I have a protein sequence that only matches against one of the chains in the PDB

So, how do I automatically, say using a python script and my protein sequence as a query, extract the chain ID of the PDB segment to which it matches? Is a script like that available in MODELLER? If so, can you please guide me to it. I have tried most of them but I cannot figure this one out.

The closest I came across is the "make_chains.py". But that only spits out all the possible chains in a PDB file into individual alignment files.

Thanks very much,
Amjad