Re: [modeller_usage] Including Non-Protein Residue to the Model

On 11/16/16 3:07 PM, Fadhila Balqis N wrote:
I wanted to make a model of human flavin-containing monooxydase 3 (FMO3)
enzyme from the template FMO of /Saccharomyces pombe/. This enzyme has
FAD residue that is important to the project I'm working on. But of all
the model output, none came with this FAD residue.
The FAD residue was
not present and I ran out of ideas on how to make this work.

Without seeing what you tried already, I'm not sure how to advise you.

read_pd_459W> Residue type  FAD not recognized. 'automodel' model building
              will treat this residue as a rigid body.

That's what I would expect to see if you used '.' in the alignment for that residue. Generally it's easiest to treat nonstandard residues as rigid bodies.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/