Re: [modeller_usage] Modeling loop using template from PDB file

On 12/6/16 3:54 PM, Markus Heller wrote:
I have a structure (A) which is missing a stretch of a dozen or so
residues.  I also have the structure of the protein from a different
organism which has said stretch of residues resolved (B).  Now I'd
like to take the coordinates of A and model the missing residues
using the relevant coordinates (i.e. for these residues only) from
B.

How would I go about doing this?

Just make an alignment containing both proteins A and B, and align the missing region with B and the rest with A, as per
https://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#1

If you're happy with the A coordinates and don't want them to move at all, select only the B region in select_atoms():
https://salilab.org/modeller/9.17/manual/node23.html

             https://salilab.org/modeller/