Re: [modeller_usage] Query about structural alignment of a homopentamer with salign

On 7/3/18 11:22 AM, Iván Felsztyna wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to use the script salign_multiple_struc.py to obtain the structural alignment of two homopentamers. I want to use them as templates for a multi-template modelling. The problem is that the fitted pdb files that I obtain include only one of the subunits of each of the homopentamers, while I need the whole protein to be aligned. I copy here the script:

Your for loop makes an alignment of 10 structures, each of which is a single chain, because you ask with model_segment to read from the first residue to the last residue of the same chain ID. You probably want something like this instead (assuming your chains A through E are ordered ABCDE in your two PDB files):

for (code, startchain, endchain) in (('4cof_extracelular', 'A', 'E'),
                                     ('glucl', 'A', 'E')):
    mdl = model(env, file=code,
                model_segment=('FIRST:'+startchain, 'LAST:'+endchain))
    aln.append_model(mdl, atom_files=code, align_codes=code)

             https://salilab.org/modeller/