Re: [TDI-discuss] New subscriber...

Hi Luca!

Hello Toni,

excuse me for my bad english ;-)

Don't worry, English is not my mother tongue, either. ;-)

I'm - say... - studyin' biotecnology at Milan, where I live.
I think it wouldn't be too hard to find many other people that could be interested in this initiative. I've found the website by looking at PLOS Medicine, and thus I am trying to know more about the TDI, and to understand what may I do.

I agree with your ideas... A wiki, but... which way? Maybe we have to contact the webmaster!

This could be a wiki where different people could add information and make a documentation of the project. We should consider which are the necessities, privileges of the collaborators, etc. in order to select the best wiki technology or instead, another kind of CMS (Content Management System). After this, we could ask the webmaster whether she could help us ;-)

I'm thinking that it were nice and perhaps useful also to translate the site (e.g. to Italian) and encourage other students and researchers etc. to collaborate with us! May I talk about in some forum?

In my opinion, translate to different languages is good and necessary, especially the presentation site, the outlines of the projects and eventually, the results and conclusions. As in open source projects and scientific publications, I would use English as the primary working language. If TDI is ever big enough, there could be language-specific communities that could contribute to the international project.

Well, I liked to know Dr. Sali! ;-)

And mmm... why not to create an IRC channel too?

I am usually at several rooms in irc://irc.gimp.org, we can just think about meeting in a room, let's say TDI, at a precise day and hour. Any suggestion, anyone in the list who is not from Europe? (that is in order to find an hour which could be fine for everybody).

Greets!

PD: Creative Commons in Science:
http://bioinformatics.org/forums/forum.php?forum_id=3013

--