Re: [TDI-discuss] New subscriber...

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:24:06 +0100
Toni Hermoso <> wrote:

> This could be a wiki where different people could add information and
> make a documentation of the project. We should consider which are the
> necessities, privileges of the collaborators, etc. in order to select
> the best wiki technology or instead, another kind of CMS (Content
> Management System). After this, we could ask the webmaster whether she
> could help us ;-)

I agree, and maybe not only for that's so simple!

> > I'm thinking that it were nice and perhaps useful also to translate the site (e.g. to Italian) and encourage other students and researchers etc. to collaborate with us! May I talk about in some forum?
> >

> In my opinion, translate to different languages is good and necessary,
> especially the presentation site, the outlines of the projects and
> eventually, the results and conclusions. As in open source projects and
> scientific publications, I would use English as the primary working
> language. If TDI is ever big enough, there could be language-specific
> communities that could contribute to the international project.

We should contact the webmaster... It would be fine to make pages in different languages available through content negotiation; however, if someone ask me to it, I'll translate the entire site in italian...
I'm creating an Italian blog too... Unfortunately, it's empty now... But I have some ideas...

> > Well, I liked to know Dr. Sali! ;-)
> >
> > And mmm... why not to create an IRC channel too?
> >

> I am usually at several rooms in irc://irc.gimp.org, we can just think
> about meeting in a room, let's say TDI, at a precise day and hour.
> Any suggestion, anyone in the list who is not from Europe? (that is in
> order to find an hour which could be fine for everybody).

Good. We can use irc.gimp.org... and put it on the website...

Greets,

Luca

> PD: Creative Commons in Science:
> http://bioinformatics.org/forums/forum.php?forum_id=3013