Re: Strange Error

hello,

one potential Modeller read error may originate from the problem if you
do not have a line feed at the end of your ali file.
So, when you genereate your alignment with perl, do not forget a \n in
the last print command.

by opening and saving a file in pico or vi, a carriage return is
automatically added to your file.

Andras

Michael Buck wrote:

> I am having the following error message:
>
> rdpir___270E> Error reading/processing file:  tempalign
> recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1
>
> I can fix the problem by open my alignment file "tempalign" and resaving it
> with a unix text editor like pico, even if I don't change any thing in the
> file it will then work fine.  Does anybody know what is causing this error?
>  I use perl scripts to write my alignment files and can't find what is
> causing the error.  Is there a hidden character I can't see?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Buck

> Michael Buck
> NCSU Genetics
>
> Phone  (919)515-5759
> Fax        (919)515-3355
> http://www4.ncsu.edu/~mjbuck

    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216
The Rockefeller University   # fax:   (212) 327 7540
Box 270, 1230 York Avenue    # e-mail:
New York, NY 10021-6399, USA # http://salilab.org/~andras