Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 4:25 PM
Subject: Strange Error

I am having the following error message:

rdpir___270E> Error reading/processing file:  tempalign
recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1

I can fix the problem by open my alignment file "tempalign" and resaving
it with a unix text editor like pico, even if I don't change any thing
in the file it will then work fine.  Does anybody know what is causing
this error?  I use perl scripts to write my alignment files and can't
find what is causing the error.  Is there a hidden character I can't
see?

Thanks,

Michael Buck

Michael Buck